Advanced Directives

Houston Advanced Directives Lawyer

Alternatives to Guardianship in Harris County, Fort Bend County, Waller County, Montgomery County, Galveston County, Brazoria County, contiguous counties

Advanced directives are some of the most critical legal instruments to have in place while you are living. Depending on the document, they memorialize your desires and intentions for important medical and financial decisions in the event you become incapacitated and unable to express your desires.
Houston Advanced Directives Lawyer Stephanie Mudgett Boates, can create advanced directives to fully carry out your health care and financial desires should you be unable to do so yourself. Contact Attorney Stephanie Mudgett Boates to schedule an appointment.

How Advanced Directives Can Help You

No one likes to plan for the unfortunate and unexpected, but it is sometimes necessary to avoid putting yourself and loved ones in difficult situations. Advanced directives put you in control of making vital decisions and help to avoid expensive and unnecessary legal proceedings such as guardianship proceedings and Do Not Resuscitate proceedings.
There are a variety of options to address your needs, including:

  • Medical Advanced Directive – You can appoint an agent and make your health care wishes be known through a medical power of attorneydirective to physician / living willdesignation of guardianand HIPAA release.
  • Financial / Business Advanced Directives – You can appoint an agent for financial decisions through a statutory durable power of attorney or a special power of attorney for limited purposes.

Attorney Stephanie Mudgett Boates will help you decide which person in your life is best suited to serve as your appointed medical or financial/business agent.

To speak with a Houston Advanced Directives Attorney, contact Stephanie Mudgett Boates at 281-584-0034.

Stephanie Mudgett Boates, P.C., represents clients in the cities of Houston, Memorial, Bellaire, Katy, Sugar Land, Richmond, Rosenberg, Cypress, Spring,
Conroe, Tomball and Galveston and in the following counties: Harris County, Fort Bend County, Montgomery County, Brazoria County, Galveston County and Waller County.